support > e-book formats
(Or, getting the best from available options)
I. There are E-books, and there are E-books
When the concept of E-books caught on with the masses, innovative technocrats smelt a brilliant opportunity to come out with variants that can bring more value to money in the E-book game, besides locking in their set of customers with their own proprietary technology. Inevitably,
E-book generation became a full-fledged industry in its own right, and newcomers can't help losing themselves in the maze of new technical words that it has thrown up.
Today, scores of formats are available in the market — each with its own pros and cons. A bird's eye view of the more popular ones shows up the following:
- RTF — Rich Text Format is the one formalized by Microsoft. Because Microsoft is omnipresent, RTF has gained worldwide acceptance, and many software, including the ebook publishing software Chrysanth NETime Author, handle it quite well.
- TeX — This has traditionally been used by technical writers and science authors. With this format, it is possible to typeset complex mathematical formulae quite easily.
- PS — PostScript is a page description language that allows E-book designers to describe their page content in a friendlier manner than afforded by
- PDF — Portable Document Format is again a proprietary file format created by Adobe. Since PDF files can embed a wide variety of fonts, images and other documents into them quite easily, writers of product manuals, as well as those writing sales brochures and flyers find the PDF format quite useful.
- DjVu — This E-book format specializes in storing scanned images. So maps, hand-drawn paintings and other pieces of art, or old photographs that writers and authors may have come across during their research, will root for DjVu.
- Mobipocket — Focusing on PDA machines, the Mobipocket E-book format allows readers to add blank pages anywhere in the book, and put in free-hand drawings — perhaps their own notes and remarks.
- DesktopAuthor — this format allows creation of ebooks that have virtual turning pages, giving the impression of a "page" actually "turning over", at the click of the "PREVIOUS" or "NEXT" arrow button.
Since there are lots and lots of other formats, writers and authors who wish to plunge into the world of digital book publishing and distribution are advised to carefully study and evaluate them vis-à-vis their own requirements, and take decisions accordingly.
II. Taking Chrysanth NETime Author's assistance
Whichever ebook format you finally decide to turn to, the basic content that you would be pumping into the book has to be great. While Chrysanth NETime Author cannot tell you what ideas, thoughts and storylines will make your book or article or story a prizewinner, it can certainly help a lot on your journey towards the awards podium — to accept that award.
You may be having the most captivating plot. The most illuminating idea — one with the potential to turn the world upside down — might strike you in your moments of creative introspection. Unless you put them down in a proper format, you cannot expect them to see the light of the day. Chrysanth NETime Author scores here. This brilliant authors' software or ebook authoring software gives you all the tools to record all your outpourings the way you want them to. Later, when the moments of ecstatic, creative brainstorming have ebbed, you can efficiently put them all together, so that some sense is made out of the final work. It's that simple. It is simple, because Chrysanth NETime Author makes it simple for you.
Selecting the right format in which to publish your manuscript is the next step. Because this ebook publishing software is developed using world-class technology, moving your content to RTF and PDF format — the ones required by most writers and authors — is a breeze.
It is time you go for this ebook authoring software. Use it. And walk towards the awards podium — to accept your award.